- Accessibility Support
Accessibility Plan and Policies for Marchant’s School Sport ltd.
This 2014-21 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Marchant’s School Sport Ltd. (“Marchant’s”) will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Marchant’s is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Marchant’s is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Marchant’s will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Marchant’s will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015.
- We will develop training materials and programs tailored for the individual needs of our employees.
- We will conduct training sessions for employees to which the training relates within 6 months of their start date.
- Training will include an overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and our accessibility policies.
Information and Communications
Marchant’s is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Marchant’s will take the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014.
- During the fourth quarter of 2014 we will conduct an assessment of our website platform for any WCAG changes that need to be made to new sites we create or host that are reasonably practicable.
- As part of an ongoing practice our web marketing team will work to ensure that our sites are built in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 standards as is reasonably practicable.
- Our existing website will be worked on, on a go-forward basis.
Marchant’s currently accepts feedback from members of the public in writing, telephone, fax and via email. We also accept feedback from employees through meeting, an anonymous suggestion box and other direct channels.
Marchant’s will take the following steps to make ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015.
- Provide a dedicated email address for feedback [email protected] where members of the public are invited to give their feedback our Marchant’s accessibility policies and request materials in other formats etc.
- We will add to our training manual the fact that we accept various methods of communication. We will also communicate that we are committed to developing individualized methods of communication upon request.
Marchant’s will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016.
- We will post a notice on our website that communicates that we will make information available to the public upon request.
Marchant’s will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
Marchant’s is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
Marchant’s will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- The Manager and Human Resources will work to create a plan with the employee directly.
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if Marchant’s is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
- We will use individualized accommodation plans when evaluating employee performance.
- We will ensure that training materials are available to employees in an accessible format whenever possible, upon request.
We will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified.
- In the fourth quarter of 2014 we will review our building layout and identify possible changes. We have removed barriers and will continue to identify and remove barriers within our facilities more accessible.
Design of Public Spaces
Marchant’s will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include:
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals
- Accessible off street parking
- Service-related elements like service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas
We will put the following procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For more information on this accessibility plan please contact:
416-439-9400 x 224 or email at:
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Marchant’s School Sport ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to Marchant’s School Sport ltd.’s premises
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Marchant’s School Sport will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed on our website and on our front door.
Training for staff
Marchant’s School Sport ltd. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
• Customer Service Representatives
• Account Managers
• Customer Service Managers
• Sales Managers
This training will be provided to staff shortly after being hired as part of their initial training.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Marchant’s School Sport ltd.’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Marchant’s School Sport’s goods and services
Our staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Marchant’s provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail us at [email protected] All feedback will be directed to our Vice President of Operations. Customers can expect to hear back in 2 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Marchant’s School Sport ltd. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
How do I contact you?
Please click here for our company contact information